Terry's Chocolate Orange Brownies
With Halloween holidays approaching, not to mention the festive season, I thought that now would be the perfect time to try out a recipe that I've been dying to test out for ages!
There's nothing that I love more than scrolling through the amazing website by Jane Dunn, Jane's Patisserie. An incredibly talented food writer, baker, photographer and blogger, Jane shares her amazing recipes on her website and has one of the fastest selling baking books of all time. In a nutshell, she is incredible. I have been dying to make this Terry's Chocolate Orange Brownie recipe for the longest time and in this blog post I am sharing how I made them. Full credit goes to Jane from Jane's Patisserie and I will include the link to her original recipe!
450g Terry's Chocolate Orange
150g for melting
300g to be chopped for the batter
150g Dark Chocolate
200g Baking Butter
275g Caster Sugar
3 Large Eggs
35g Cocoa Powder
90g Plain Flour
Small Bit of Orange Zest
1. Melt the dark chocolate, 150g of Terry's Chocolate Orange and butter in the microwave or in a heatproof bowl over water. ( I personally prefer to use the microwave but that's just personal preference and both methods work equally well!)
2. While you are waiting for the mix to cool, crack three large eggs into a separate bowl and add your caster sugar. Whisk the caster sugar and egg mix with an electric mix until it is double its original size.
3. Once your chocolate and butter mix is cooled, slowly fold it into the bowl that contains your sugar and eggs.
4. When your mix is fully combined, add in your sifted flour and cocoa powder along with a small bit of orange zest. I only used a very small bit of orange zest as I was worried about the brownies tasting too over-powering but I would definitely say just add as much orange zest as you personally like!
5. Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 9" square tin with baking paper.
6. Once its combined you can fold in your remaining Terry's Chocolate Orange, pour it into the tin and pop it in the oven for 30 minutes. (I took mine out after thirty minutes as I like my brownies gooey, but you can leave them in for longer!)